Sunday, March 15th, 2015
We’re 75 days into the new year and if you set a goal you may find yourself having one of these things happening:
1. You reached your goal already. Great! You need to set a new goal that is larger and more lofty to keep you moving forward. Dig back into your vision of your Purpose and see what the next step is to reach along the path to the really big picture. Maybe that next step will just appear to you, maybe you have to do some searching for this.
2. You are well on your way to reaching the goal. Good! You can see the path and are on it, well most of the time. The goal you have selected is a powerful influence and is keeping you going. With Persistence and dedication you are moving forward. If the goal is for the full year, break it down into smaller steps, months, quarters or half yearly and see how you can make each period count. If you need help keeping on the path, read the “Persistence” chapter in Napoleon Hill’s “Think and Grow Rich” it will help you to stay the course.
3. You are struggling. If you have found it really really hard to keep moving towards your goal, go back and remember why you set it in the first place. Take and hour or two in a quiet place and write down your Purpose statement and then all the ways you are going to get to that point. These Visions of how you reach your Purpose are important keys to build the Goal that you work on next. Take one idea, or vision and put your imagination to work on how you get there. Instill in your subconscious the big picture and your dreams can be a great influence here. Use the ideas that come to you in dreaming to start working on the solution. Ever go to bed at night worried and thinking of a problem, then wake up and have the answer? Use that power to keep you moving on your path.
4. You have stalled out or quit. What to do next? You can just give up and continue doing things the way you are now, and getting the same results! That’s not you? Maybe your peers, friends and family have pulled you back into “reality” with “logic”. Possibly their dreams and Purpose are not the same as yours. This is often the case when we share are goals with other people on our path to success. They might think you are crazy or unrealistic to have the goal, they can see no way possible for you (or them) to reach such a goal. Remember that your goals are YOUR’S not someone else’s.
Here are some ideas to keep moving:
* Keep dreaming, keep building the vision of your Purpose in your life.
* Write down your goal, look at it multiple times each day.
* Read inspirational books, The Bible, “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill, “Start with Why” by Simon Sinek are good ones to start with.
* Join, or start, a Mastermind group. There is power in numbers and when you meet with others on a regular basis, you gain ideas, feedback and accountability. Find people for your group that will help you grow and you can help them.
* Find a mentor. If you are stuck, find some help. There are lots of great mentors who will be happy to help you. One thing that I find true of every successful person I meet, they want to help others. Sometimes all you need to do, is ask.
* Find a coach. There are many great coaches available locally and through the internet. You can join a group coaching session or have 1 on 1 contact. Most of the time you will have to pay for a coach, but, the return on your investment will outweigh the cost as you reach your goals more quickly.
I want to see you moving into Success everyday. Remember Earl Nightingale’s words “Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal.” It’s not the end- it is the journey that matters.
If there is any way thing I can do to help you on your path- just give me a call or drop me an email.